Saturday, April 12, 2008

Well, well

This is probably the dorkiest post I've ever done but I sort of have to get it off my chest. One of my favorite bands these days is Franz Ferdinand, with their almost irritating catchiness and uncanny ability to mix together splashes of indie, synth, new wave, and electro rock. I can never play their songs just once, and "Lindsey Wells" is no exception:



The problem is, this track always makes me think of Pixie Wells from Punished Brats. (Not the video, mind you--just the song.) The "Wells" in the name is obviously the main reason, but there's also the lyric: "Your Celtic hair/Flicks round your face like flames around the sun."

See, I'm not crazy. She's totally got that going on:



On top of that, the song's narrator suggests that he's a little starstruck with the object of his attention: "Oh Lindsey Wells/How I wish that I could feel so good/I wish that I could be as good as you."

See what I mean? Don't tell me you wouldn't get a little starstruck around Pixie if you met her. Also, sometimes she gets a little "struck" herself.



The moral of this post, aside that I obviously ate too much mince pie over the weekend, is that it's truly amazing how much the spanko consciousness seeps into every aspect of our beings.

Next on Spanking Central! Why the Official Moscow Marching Band Society makes Tim think about Rosaleen Young.

No comments: