Saturday, April 12, 2008

The face of evil: The Spanker

Being a spanko as well as a curious soul, I've always been interested in pop culture representations of spanking--at least since I was ten or so.

(Yes, I started with my spanking fixation early. You got a problem with that?)

One of my favorites occurred in an old '70s comic book called Howard the Duck. This was obviously a comic that didn't take itself very seriously, and it often featured deliberately ridiculous supervillains. In one issue, a group of villains discussed their origins while roasting marshmallows over a campfire. Among their number was the most fearsome comic book villain of all time...The Spanker!

What was the origin of such a frightening adversary? Click the image and read for yourself:



The Spanker subsequently takes a male policeman over his knee and paddles him, which I'm sure amused someone but I was not impressed. Fortunately, later in the issue, the Spanker does the same to Beverly, Howard the Duck's hot female (human) sidekick. Now that spanking I didn't mind reading about. And re-reading. And re-reading. And...



As you can see, the fun was interrupted by a dumb superhero who thought that Beverly being spanked was a BAD thing.

Say, maybe spanking IS immoral. This was the only time where I wanted the bad guys to win...

No comments: